MOA 2018 Giving by Design Program
2018 was another active year for MOA team members to give back to the community through our Giving by Design Program.
- participated and raised money for the American Lung Association in the Republic Plaza Fight for Air Climb.
- provided design, volunteered in fund raising for materials, and participated in the construction of the Rose Stein Elementary School Student Garden Entry Arbor.
- volunteered at the Food Bank of the Rockies to sort and box food for families in need. In total we packaged over 5,000 lbs of food which will provide meals for over 16,000 people. In addition, MOA teammates contributed cash donations that provided for an additional 2,600 meals.
- volunteered at the Jeffco Action Center which provides food, clothing and other basic human needs and pathways to self-sufficiency for Jefferson County residents and the homeless.
- volunteered at the Denver Humane Society.
- MOA continues to provide pro bono design services for Animal Assisted Therapy Programs of Colorado (AATPC) and Dawg Nation Hockey Foundation.
- MOA provided $12,500 in scholarship and paid summer internship. This was our 11th year to help a student in an accredited architecture program.
- Including team member individual donations in Colorado and Wyoming, Giving by Design MOA provided another $15,500 in cash donations to community charities, non-profits and other important community causes.
If you are an organization or know of an organization that is in need of pro bono design services, volunteering effort, or a charitable donation we would love to hear from you.
Please submit information about your organization and need to the MOA Giving by Design Committee for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org